Friday, December 30, 2011

Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again...

I don't know about you but I am really start to understand that part of the song, "It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas." My kids are starting to get a little stir crazy.

I love my kids very much but the jumping, wrestling, fighting, name calling, just plain 'nonstopness', etc... is really starting to get on my nerves. And I get tired of being 'Mean Momma' all the time, telling them to quit and putting them in timeout.


*************************
My mom gave Eian a science kit for Christmas. So, everyday, about 50 times a day, Eian asks if we can do an experiment. We have made a volcano, color changing liquids, underwater volcano, jiggly crystals, and something else that I can't remember.

Today was the jiggly crystals.

Eian let Abbe help him make these. And then he shared all the crystals with his sisters without me asking! Made me proud.


Abbe asked for makeup for Christmas. But NOT kids makeup.


She made Eian have a black eye, and then they came downstairs with a story about Ruth hitting him in the eye. Eian and Ruth had been having an argument before Eian went upstairs with Abbe, so it was a pretty reasonable story.

She didn't just use black; she used purple too. Looks pretty realistic, huh? Abbe also gave Eian some "tattoos." A spider, crossed swords, and heart with a sword through it. They were pretty cool.

*******************
Here is our 'wild African dog'! Doesn't she look thrilled to be on safari?

1 comment:

Nana said...

What fun... Great adventures... Someday the house will be quite.. You will ask. What adventure are they on today? Why don't they call and share how they are... Thanks for giving this old house abit of yours.. Even if it is driving you crazy...