Friday, January 4, 2013

God works in funny and mysterious ways!

God definitely works in funny and mysterious ways.

I have been saying that I am going to sell my one of a kind, handmade handbags for YEARS. Years, people, years. But life, motherhood, procrastination and now homeschooling have always gotten in the way.

Well, I love to knit and felt what I have knitted. So, had around 15 or so bags ready to be finished. As in they needed lined and handled and finishing touches. I really kept thinking, "I need to get those finished and put on Etsy." But.....

Anyway, so this November, I am looking through my email when I start laughing out loud. Jason looks at me?????? I had an email from Rhoads owner, Carly. Our mutual friend, Brooke, told her that I made some great handbags and they were having a craft fair and would I want to come and an application was attached.


I guess God was tired of me saying that I was going to finish the handbags and start selling them. So, HE SENDS ME AN APPLICATION! Made me laugh out loud.

I know that it sounds kind of crazy. But I have been hearing God tell me that this is what I am supposed to be doing for years. Why handbags? I don't know. I love making them and sharing them and making people happy. (Have been giving them as gifts for years.) Also, this is another way that I can tithe and share God's word with people.


God also sent my friend Linda to help me. If it wasn't for Linda, I would never have been ready. She helped me make tags for the purses, came up with all the ideas for display, kept pulling bags out of my bag of bags, and most of all provided emotional and motivational support.




Also, a big thank you goes out to my wonderful husband and my parents for watching the kids so that I could get all of this accomplished in two and a half weeks.

No comments: