Wednesday, October 24, 2012

God and the county fair

You know how when you start feeling all sorry for yourself and down in the dumps? Then, God has a way of going "POW" "Get over it!"

This morning I am watching Joyce Meyer and guess what she is talking about?

The story of the disabled man by the well. John 5:1-5

"Jesus told him, 'Stand up, pick up your mat and walk!'"  from NLT Life Application Study Bible

Joyce said not to let yourself get in the way of what you are supposed to be doing. God has special work for each of us to do and we can't let ourselves get in the way of achieving it. We need to ask God for help and LET HIM HELP US!

Hmmmmm.... How about that for God giving you exactly what you need to hear, when you need to hear it.

*************************

OK, now onto what's been going on around here!

Here is a video picture of Eian riding his first "big" ride at the fair. (Couldn't get video to upload - UGH!)



He loved it so much that Jason got a wristband too so he could ride all of them with him! This is a picture Jason took when he and Eian were at the top of the ferris wheel.



Ruth's favorite ride is the carousel. I think she rode it at least five times. Until the other two finally said they were not going to ride it anymore!


The girls and I also went around to see all the animals and baking and sewing and 4-H booths and flowers and photos with Abbe's friend from rendezvous and her mom. They live in a Columbus suburb but her mom is originally from here. I really love getting together with them. It is so nice when you get along really well with the mothers of your kids' friends!

#Please note that Jason took all the pictures in this post.  This was when I couldn't find my little camera and didn't want to lug around my big one for the day. He took these with his iphone. I think they turned out pretty well. Don't you?

************************

Sorry, I took so long trying to figure out how to get the video not to upload that I don't have time for the Pumpkin Show pics. There are a lot of those anyway. I let the kids take pictures too which makes for some interesting shots!

Have you gone to any interesting places this fall?

No comments: